Previous Blog Posts

Friday, November 1, 2019

Just a Thought...Prayer for Writing.

Just a Thought....Prayer for Writing. So the other day a dear friend send me something that I absolutely loved. It was so on par with my spiritual journey. My dream has always been that I wanted to become a writer. I wanted to create and share the worlds and words inside my head. I always found myself throwing up excuses and reason to procrastinate on the daily. Then my friend sent me an interesting read. It explained that what I was experiencing was a resistance. It started to make sense. There are people or forces that don't want you to achieve your goals so they feed into your mind and environment to disrupt your progress in chasing your goals and making your vision into reality even harder. The idea is that before you write you need to get yourself in the correct state of mind. I mean you wouldn't just hop in the car a drive aimlessly without having a preplanned destination. Athletes are very keen upon using this idea of getting in a ready state of mind before heading out on the field or court. They practice their skills daily and have rituals to get their minds and bodies in preparation to achieve peak performance when and where it counts. I believe that common sense says it is easier to run if you have stretched your legs before doing strenuous activity. It is the same principle when writing. It is better to prep the mind to write and even better when you have an outline or gameplan when you sit down to write. It's okay to start out without a set plan. Most of us don't have any idea of where we want a story or characters to lead us. They make up the material as they write which is good for some writers but working with an outlined idea of where you want to take a story or character is usually so much easier because you have direction and hopefully a completed idea of the destination. I have found me a nice pray that I say before I strike a key and I hope to make it a ritual before I write. So having a prayer so that my diety can help lead me in the direction that he wants me to go is exactly what I needed. So thank you to my friend. You know who you are and thanks for the encouragement. So until tomorrow friends. This was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...