Previous Blog Posts

Friday, September 27, 2019

Just a Thought...The Doctor's Office.

Just a Thought....The Doctor's Office. I had the privilege to take my brother to see the doctor today. As soon as we walked in I knew we were at a doctor's office simply by the sterile smell that floats in the air like the smell of smoked brisket. It is strong that you know exactly where you are at. The seat and the interiors are usually the dead giveaways, apart from a few different things most of the offices I have been in feel like the same. As I walked into sit down it was like Deja Vu, like I felt that I have been here before and then I remember that last year I spent quite a bit of time in doctor's offices because of my foot injury. It's like that when a doctor decides to open a small practice he or she hires the small interior decorator. The color schemes always seem the same. I just walked in and knew we were at a doctor's. The setup is always just about the same. You walk up to the window, sign the sign-in sheet. Then the chairs are always the worst part unless simply because they are not made for comfort. As we sat there and awaited our turn the magazines were old, from last year, which is not bad for a story about the problems of living in Honduras but when it is a sports magazine the main story is more often than not about a certain game which has probably already been played. So you know the outcome and it ruins the story. The predictions that the writer had made with his compelling case why this team will win. When you know that the team he or she had picked actually lost. The staff is in scrubs and the flowers are all fake and the painting on the wall are all very generic looking. I get that the purpose of the visit is to get to feeling better but c'mon Doc. Add a little spice or flavor to the place. The only good thing about the visit is that the candy the office was giving out was of really good quality. Well maybe next time I actually go to the doctor for myself it will be a bit different but I doubt it. So until tomorrow folks, this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...