Previous Blog Posts

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Just a Thought...Taking Chances.

Just a thought.....Taking chances. So I decided a few weeks ago to try and push forward with my dream to become a writer and director. It is something that I have always wanted to do but never had the courage to go after my dreams. The same reasons that most people don't follow their dreams are what kept me from pursuing what my heart always knew what it wanted...to create. Fear of failure, self-doubt, and having no confidence in my abilities is what held me back. It was always something in my mind that I would create to stop me from moving forward. I became the prototypical procrastinator. I would find reasons not to write. I was writing for all the wrong reasons. I thought that it would be my key to making me rich and famous. Then I remembered why I wanted to write, to create something for me. I needed this as my avenue to express myself. I gave in to the negative talk in my head. What if people don't read it, what if people tell you you suck. What if, what if...I was tired of what if. I needed to become what I was meant to be.....so I am taking this chance to try new things and pursue new goals. One of the biggest things I now fear in my life is when my time is done on earth that I will have regrets and I made the conscious decision that I will die without trying to live my dreams. My favorite motivational speaker Les Brown once said “The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry out their dream.” I refuse to be that person. When it time to leave this plain, I want to be able to answer the question with pure confidence "Do you have any regrets? and answer "Nope." I want to be able to live life to the fullest. So I will continue to write this blog because it is my own place to story part of myself and I also get the privilege to share it all with you. So thank you for walking this journey with me. So until tomorrow....this was just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. Live your dream bubba. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis....going to try my damnest. Thanks for the support.

      Delete

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...