Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Just a Thought....Broken Promises

Just a thought.....broken promises. I have often heard that you are only as good as your word. Well if that is the case, then I haven't been a good person. I have had my fair share of broken promises and I know that have also committed my share of breaking them as well. It's not the greatest feeling on either end of that promise. I really admire those people that have the integrity to stand firm on the word. To be there when they say they are no matter the circumstances. The friend that is always there when they promise, the family member that always come through when they say they going to be there. I am trying to become that person. I have been terrible at this in the past but like anything you have to keep trying to be better in life. I am trying carefully on how I use my words and when I say that I will promise to do something. I haven't been a good friend, brother or father when saying that I promise to do something like "I'll be there or next we come, we can do this...I promise." The amount of hurt and disappointment that breaking a promise creates is immense. It creates a huge amount of distrust when you tell someone that you have broken a promise to in the past to [lace their trust in you again that this time you will follow through. I know this feeling all too well because I have broken promises that I have made to myself. What is worse than letting yourself down. Now just because I have committed this awful act in the past does not mean that you will always be this way. It just means that you have to commit to doing what you say you are going to do to whomever you make a promise to. If I have broken a promise to any on you in the past...I humbly apologize and I really sorry for putting you through it. I am trying really hard to turn over a new leaf. It's going to take time to train myself and my mind that we have to be as good as our word. So until tomorrow....this was just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. All we can do is strive to do better...learn from our mistakes and hopefully not make them again. So many things I think I would change if I could but then it wouldn’t lead me to where I am right now. So you falter, shake it off and try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true....We can't re-write our past but we can write our future. The pages are blank and can only be filled by what you create. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...