Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Cussing

Today's subject is one that is usually very taboo, one that most people will either understand or belittle someone for using this subject in everyday vernacular and that is cussing. Cussing when I grew up was very frowned upon and I can remember as clear as day my father not ever cussing in front of his children. I can remember my mother using foul language but it was always in a conversation on the phone or she would say them in Spanish, which I didn't understand them until later in life. But as I grew older and got into school, I realized how much other parents did cuss in their everyday lives and their children learned what these words were and how to use the proper connotation of these taboo words. Which as I learned them I started to use them in my everyday repertoire of speech. I thought it was so coo;l to cuss because it was the first thing I learned as a form of rebellion. I wanted to be the guy who would cross the line and say these bad things with worry of recourse, I wanted to stray from conformity, be the bad sheep. It was terrible how I used these words, to mock other kids, say bad things about my brother when we would argue and fight as kids. Cussing has become ingrained in my regular speech and it hard to sometimes catch myself when in a situation where it is improper. Like for example when I am at a church, a school or in a place where kids are around. Even though I am sure that many of these kids have already heard and learned what these words are I just for some reason can't cuss in front of them. I think it is simply because I think about my father and how he acted in front of us and
out of respect of how he raised me, I will refrain from using bad words. But that being said, I have been in a situation where I let myself be who I am and say and speak as candidly I would if surrounded by friends in a professional environment. I have shocked co-workers, with things I have said without even thinking if it was offensive. I have cussed in front of my bosses, my teachers when I was in school and I have even cussed at a funeral. It is bad that I say things like shit, damn, hell, fuck, bitch, cunt and so on and so on. I understand it is bad form to see and hear someone who speaks so foul and uses bad language, but does it make me a bad person. I believe it to be so, I think I am a good person and only see the words that are deemed terrible to only be bad because we have morally claimed them to be bad. It is not sinful to use these words, these words were created by man and only carry a ban connotation because we have defined them as such. The only thing I was taught that we do not take the Lord's name in vain because according to his laws and his truth, it is a sin. I don't know how everybody else feels about this topic but I for one do not look down or frown upon a person simply because they say son of bitch, or hell no. So until tomorrow, stay cool, be happy and this was.....just a fucking thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...