Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Binge Watching

When I decided that I wanted to binge watch a TV series, I decided to take on a show that not only was highly touted but would also live up to the height. The first TV show that I decided to binge was Breaking Bad. I had heard so much about it and people would just talk about Walter White, Heisenberg and I had no clue what they were talking about until the last season of Breaking Bad and I decided to take the time and the commitment to watch the show and to my delight, it was everything I expected and more. Great writing, great characters, great acting, it was one hell of a show and so glad I decided to take the time to watch. It took a while simply because I work two jobs, seven days a week and I am also a father of four children. Finding the time to commit to a TV show was a daunting task when you barely had time to shower, eat and get to bed to be back to work the next day. So when I could squeeze in an episode or two, I would and the hard part is this show was not kid friendly, so watching when kids were in bed for school was paramount. Waking up groggy the next day was always a drag because I knew I stayed up watching a TV show when I should have been in bed sleeping or could have used that time to write. Sometimes life is a about sacrifice for petty indulgence, and trying to binge watch a show once I was already hooked was one of my tiny vices. So, again after my injury, I figured it was a sign to take the time to smell the roses, start to write again on the regular and to start a new TV show to binge. This time I picked the biggest one out there now...GAME OF THRONES. I asked advice about the show from a few friends on Facebook and the response was overwhelming...do it. Make the commitment to the show, you will not be disappointed. So after one week and watching two full seasons, I have to say that all my friends are right. This show is fantastic, it got everything you would want a show to have, drama, suspense, honor, dishonor, nobility, war, fighting and above all dragons. Yes, dragons I said and there is also beheading, burning, mysterious creature, dark magic. It's like if Harry Potter and Conan the Barbarian had a love child. The most intriguing thing that I liked about this show is that no matter how many times I tried to predict what would happen as the story line progressed, I would be dead wrong. Someone told before I watched, to not get to attached to the characters and I would think to myself, well they must mean that a lot of the small bit players would die. I mean how can a show carry on if the main characters are dead. Well that is what exactly what the writers did, kill of main characters. That is the beauty of the story now and I get the appeal, you don't know what is coming and you don't know if your favorite person will live or die in the next episode. Now I have only watched two season and have five more season to go but if they are anything like the first two it will be wonderful to watch. The beauty of all of this is that I have time to complete the next five season before the new season begins and I can be caught up to enjoy the madness from week to week just like everyone else who is a fan of the show. So as I wrap up my post for the day, I will have a nice cold drink and my remote and will start the next season. I will update on future post once I have completed a few of the other season. So until tomorrow....this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...