Previous Blog Posts

Monday, September 16, 2019

Just a Thought....Cold Weather.

Just a Thought...Cold Weather. Here we are in September and it is still hot as heck here in Texas. I have lived here all my life and shouldn't be surprised. I can fond;y remember as a kid that is used to get colder sooner. Maybe it is me and I have revisionist history. In mind, it felt that once September hit, it would start to get cold. Well, nowadays that sure isn't the case with the heat. It has been in the '90s these last couple of weeks and frankly, I am ready for sweaters, hoodies, jackets and long sleeve shirts. I have always been a fan of the cold weather. Now when it gets in the low teens I enjoy having to bundle up. Yes, people catch colds and usually pass them along to me at some point but to me, it beats sweating to the point of dehydration. I have always dreams of living in somewhere cold like in New York, Colorado just to see the snow. It is very rare here in Texas to see that much snowfall in on setting. The coffee tastes better, the fires are always enjoyable. Maybe I have just lived here for too long and have become jaded by the constant heat in the summer. I see the joy in being in the heat if you lived by an ocean or lake. If you had your own swimming pool. But to me, they have those things in the cold states. I keep watching the newscast on the weather just awaiting the announcement that cold weather is here to stay for another season. So as I get ready for the three most important holidays to arrive, all cold-weather events. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I will break out the jackets, the long sleeve shirts, and beanies for my head. I am hoping that this year we actually see some snow here in Texas this year. Pray for no ice just snow because it is easier to deal with than frozen cold overpasses. For those of you, that love the summer and the heat. You'll have for another couple of weeks but as The Starks would say "Winter is Coming." With that, I will end on a positive note. The State Fair of Texas is only a couple of weeks away. So until tomorrow friends, this was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...