Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Untitled (How does it feel)

So today I have been thinking about writing a post. I just didn't know what I wanted to write about, so I have been racking my mind. It finally came to me after sitting in my chair and looking at the blank screen. I wanted to write about help. Being injured has made more grateful for the help of friends and family. So many concessions have been made for me because I needed help. I have four kids and a wife, one income and a fractured right foot that keeps me from being as active as I would like to be. Hearing other people tell me their experiences. Its sounds like I will never be like I was before the injury. This is concerning for me just because I was working two jobs, seven days a week, to support my family. It was a great opportunity for me to provide the necessities and even more for my growing family. Since the injury, I have had to learn to be dependant on others, which was a huge change for me. Having to get help at the grocery store, getting into my house is a struggle sometimes and even wanting to carry my youngest daughter is a task. I never realized how important these things were for me and how much they glare more now that I can't always do them. My friends and family have been incredible in support and helping me progress through this process. Now that my surgery looms closer, I will need them more than ever. I feel terrible because sometimes I feel like a burden and I hate feeling that way. I pray for a quick healing process and ask the Lord above to give the strength to deal with this injury. I know everybody has their own lives to deal with and I totally understand this, which is why I appreciate things, even more, when people can help. I know I can only do so much with this limited capacity and knowing that I should have done more to prepare for something like this before my injury eats me up inside. I know that God does things for a reason and this part of his grand plan for me, I just wish I knew where the path is leading. I don't question his rational because he has provided everything me family and I have needed but I guess I am just frustrated with my uncertain future. I don't know what capacity I will be able to operate after the surgery and how things will turn out with my job once I return. I have already been off work for two months and don't know how much more time I will be off after the operation. I guess the think I miss most the ability to be independent. As long as I remember, I have been able to drive myself from point A to point B without as much as an after thought, but now it is burdensome to have to ask someone to take me somewhere. I know I am going to pray even harder and ask for patience to be able to navigate through this injury. I just want to thank everyone who has helped me with anything and everything from helping me with a ride to a doctors appointment, taking me to the grocery store, opening the door, giving me advice and words of encouragement. Every single bit has been an answered prayer and I am blessed more than I could have ever imagined being. All I can tell all of you is Thank you from the bottom of my heart and until next time, this was .......just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...