Previous Blog Posts

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Just a Thought.....Exhaustion.

Just a Thought...Exhaustion. Last night was quite an experience. I went out with my wife to a concert. A band that I admired and was really excited to see The Smashing Pumpkins. I left underwhelmed but glad that I got to mark them off my list of bands to see. It was a warm, muggy Texas night and just cool enough to enjoy some tunes outdoors. I also made new friends with Leo Coldiron and Keri Coldiron, who are really cool peoples. I spent some adult time with my lovely wife and had a really great late evening. I woke this morning and went to work, got off work and went directly to help my brother moves some furniture that he was giving me. Then I ran off to the store to buy a few items, rushed home help finish giving the kids a bath and squeezed in some time to eat dinner. Needless to say, I am exhausted and a bit dehydrated. I also skipped writing a post, if any of you noticed, but will catch up tomorrow or later this week when I double dip somewhere down the road. These last forty-eight hours have been a blast but also draining. I am not as young as use to be and doing so much in the Texas heat can run your tank on empty pretty quickly. I remember when I was twenty-one and could run the tank on empty a lot longer before it would catch up to me. Nowadays, it is pretty much instantaneous. I do have to admit that shedding some pounds has helped keep me upright a little bit longer, but not like in the good old days. I do enjoy the fact that I am out there doing some living and getting to feel like an actual adult and not some shut-in who never leaves the house because I was always too tired. I can't wait to go out again soon and just enjoy life. So with every aching bone and sore muscle in my body, I am going to say farewell. Until we meet again tomorrow, this was.....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...