Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Snooze Button



Just a thought......The snooze button. So I am sure that the man or woman who invented the concept of the snooze button would have ever known how much of hero that they are to me. It's the single greatest invention next to toilet paper. I know that I should be able to spring right out the bed in the morning when the alarm on my phone goes off but even with sleep vision, I am able to make out where the snooze button is and let me tell you it's like winning the sleep lottery. I am instantaneously granted five or ten minutes of time to comfortable lay in my bed and stay warm under the covers to catch a few extra ZZ's. Sometimes it even encourages me to contemplate taking the day off. I know the concept had to invented by some poor kid whose mother was an early riser and would make them get up at the same time every day regardless of how they felt or how much sleep was obtained the night before. They would beg their mother "Mom, please just five more minutes." The answer was always no, of course. They must have said to themselves "When I get older, I am going to invent a clock that gives me the option to sleep in a bit longer if I so choose." Image all those lost minutes of sleep that we could have gained as children. When we as adults complain about how little sleep we get in our every day lives. When we should have taken advantage of that extra time to snooze away instead of having to get up for school or church. It was Benjamin Franklin that said, "Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." but ol' Ben didn't know of the greatness that is snooze button and the greatest ten minutes of the day. So it's getting close to my bedtime and I can't wait until tomorrow morning and the chance to exercise my right to hit the snooze button. So until then...this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...