Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Getting Older

Just a thought....getting older. So as I sit here and think about what to write about I keep rubbing my knee because it is bothering me. I almost fell the other day when I stepped on one of the kiddos toys. I felt an immediate jolt of pain when I stepped on whatever dang toy was left on the floor. As I sat the bed and knew that I had injured myself in such a silly fashion. I came to a staunch realization that I am on the other end of the spectrum now. Gone are the days of falling off a skateboard or a bike and popping right back up as nothing had happened. I wake up with aches and pains that take a few minutes each morning to adjust to before I can start my day. Even if I was in peak performance shape for my age group, I think the risk for injury would still be the same. You are trying to fight a battle that has never been defeated and that is time. Time always wins, time is undefeated. Even the greatest athletes will deteriorate with time. So just accepting that I am getting older is something that I am adjusting to but am finding sometimes difficult. Just because I still feel young at heart doesn't mean my body feels the same. It's still a blessing that I am upright and mobile. I just know that physically I have some limitations. I am comfortable with that as long as my mind understands that we will never play in the NFL but we can walk a mile at a steady pace. These changes are what life is about and how we learn to accept and adapt to the changes will lay our paths into the future. Now to go rub some Icyhot on my knee and lay down with my trusty heating pad. So until tomorrow...this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...