Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Dreams

Just a Thought........Dreams
So it has been a long while since I have written anything to my page. I just lost the will to write and didn’t see the need to share myself and my thoughts with the public because I felt dry and stale. I would start to write and then I would stop writing because that inner voice inside would tell me that what I was doing was useless. My content was crap served no purpose to nobody. I lost the nerve to publish my words. I felt empty, was stuck in a rut and just didn’t know how to pull myself from that dark hole I was sitting in...I literally gave up on my dreams. Then a good friend reminded me to not give up. I started to listen to motivational speakers, I started reading my bible and praying to GOD again. I wanted to dream again. I never thought that something so important as having a dream would be difficult to obtain. When I was a kid I always talked about dreams as being something I did when I was asleep. I never that your dreams were meant to be lived while you were awake. I always knew that I was supposed to have a dream. I just didn’t know what to dream about and how to make my dreams come true. I never knew myself that well when I was young. I didn’t know what I was meant to do in life, my purpose. I was like a log in the water, just drifting in the river until I landed I got stuck somewhere along the banks and couldn’t move forward anymore. I started to see that light in my kids that dreams are possible and what kind of father would I be if I didn’t encourage them to follow their dreams. What kind of lesson would they learn from me if I gave up on my dreams? Now that I am older and am starting to learn who I really am and who I am meant to be, my dreams are coming into focus and are all I can think about these days. I wake up and think that this is the day I breakthrough. The day I make the jump, take a walk by faith and know that GOD will have me go where he needs me to be. In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” I am taking baby steps again but I am more determined to get there, to not give up on myself so easily. I still have a long way to go but at least I am walking again...literally and figuratively. So lookout for more postings...but for now this was…..just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...