Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Just a Thought....Smoking.

Just a thought....Smoking. So it's been almost five years since I smoked a cigarette and over ten years since I smoked on the regular. Do I miss it? Yeah, sometimes when I feel a bit stressed or sometimes when I have a nice hot cup of coffee on a cold day. Those were always my favorite times to light up a cigarette. Now that I see people walking around with their e-cigarettes blowing puffs of smoke around like a steam locomotive I wonder did I miss out on anything. I walk past people sometimes and smell the different aromas of smoke and it seems refreshing. Not having to smell the harsh pungent smell of tobacco on someone who smokes regular cigarettes. That was always one of the biggest buzzkills when I used to smoke on the regular. I hated the strong after aroma that stuck with you all day long. I know that the smell is strong because I have the worst sense of smell and I can tell when someone smokes cigarettes. I can't smell when my baby daughter has taken a dump in a diaper but tobacco smoke I can detect. I also see the different varieties of vapors smells and different types of e-cigarette dispensers that are available. They look so cool and sleek. I have seen stories of where these things explode in someone's face and either injure them badly or worse yet kills them. I can see where that can be a dangerous risk but the odds are that something like that you happens to you. It's like getting struck by a car or hit by a train. I am probably better off just staying on the wagon. Better for my health, probably better on my wallet but I do like how they look. I wonder if quitting the vape is just as hard as dropping the habit of cigarette smoking. Maybe one of you out there can tell the difference between doing both and which one gives you the best satisfaction. I know that doing both is probably bad for your health but please just let me indulge my curiosity. So until we meet again tomorrow this was .....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...