Previous Blog Posts

Friday, July 26, 2019

Just a Thought......Customer Service.

Just a thought.....Customer Service. So if there is one pet peeve that I have it is customer service. It's not that when I visit a local establishment that I expect top-notch, white-glove service from an employee. Let's be real when your only getting paid minimum wage to serve customers who can be downright rude and temperamental. It can be hard to be enthusiastic about your job. But with that being said, this is a free country and no one is forcing you to go work either. When you report to your job, you do it of your own free will. No one has a gun to your head telling you to man the drive-thru at McDonald's. That decision is yours to make and I am of the mindset that if I choose to be here than I deserve to give my one hundred and ten percent. Not to be a suck up to the boss or the company but I do to not short change myself, I need to meet my own expectations. Whether it is cleaning dishes in a kitchen or delivering supplies to a Jobsite. I view them both the same and treat them as such every day. It's a choice we all have to make, just like it is my choice to no longer visit an establishment because I received poor customer service. I get that sometimes we all have a bad day but we also have to know that when we work, we also have to leave those emotions at the door. Now every time I mention this I always bring up fast food establishment because nine times out of ten this is where most of my bad experiences happen. I always hear, well their teenagers, what do you expect or they are getting crappy wages, how would you react. These are usually really shitty jobs. But to anyone that mentions these points, I always then how does Chick-Fil-A do it. They have teenagers, they have low wage jobs but yet the customer service is great. Sometimes even better than some fancy restaurants. It comes down the principal of how you train your employees and how much a company spends on teaching the art of customer service. My greatest joy sometimes is when I receive great customer service no matter the restaurant or the situation. So those of you who are in the foodservice, hospitality industries who love what they do and do their best regardless of their own personal situations at home, I salute you because it is people like you that make going out to eat a true joy. So until the next day, this was.....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...