Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wasting Away Again

When you start resenting your job, is it time to up and leave or is the problem not the job but yourself. I am in the midst of trying to figure that out now. I wake up in the morning dreading going to work. I don't mind waking and doing the commute. That is actually the time when I reflect, try to inspire myself, listen to motivational videos, listen to music that moves my soul or I use that time to seek peace and forgiveness from my lord and savior. I get to work and feel wonderful. Some days I am able to carry that feeling throughout the day and others just seem to go down the tubes within minutes of arriving on the scene. Since I have returned to work after my injury, things have not been the same, The people seem the same, the work seems the same and other days it's the exact opposite. I use to have a different swagger when I went to work. Now it is like I have to build myself to feel normal. I know that I have been humbled because I don't find myself getting upset over the things that I use to get angry or frustrated with before. So is it the fact that things are different or is it me that is different. I don't find the work challenging anymore even though I have gained and learned more knowledge about the field in which I work. Some days I sit working and yet my mind isn't there but in other places. Some days, I put my best foot forward and become productive and accomplish a lot in the time that I am really working. I wonder if any of you have come across or have had similar feelings about their job. Maybe it is the fact that I have grown up in an entrepreneurial household and saw my father work and be his own boss and I one day want the same thing. To work for me, become self-sufficient and to be able to make my own hours, answer to no one but myself and my drive to be successful one day. Well, I hope that one day this will not be an issue for me personally and I would love to hear from all of you. Express your stories, experiences and maybe give me advice on becoming a better me. It's getting late and I have to get to sleep and wake up refreshed and hopefully ready to attack the day. So until then...this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...