Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Working through the Pain

Trying to work through frustration. So it's been seven months since I was injured at work and fractured my foot. Since then I have had surgery, therapy and have actually returned to work. I will not lie and say I have not had moments of joy like when I was walking again and once I got my orthotics they were awesome. But I have also had my share of setbacks. I believe that this happened for a reason. I still am working on learning the lesson God wants me to learn from this experience. It's just that frustration has set in and it's really testing my limits. Simple things like walking upstairs, cutting my yard, and running are challenges for me. I really took for granted the way I was before...not seizing opportunities to do things like playing basketball, jogging and playing with my kiddos. Life is still a blessing, don't get me wrong. It could be worse, I know that there are people out there who would still love the opportunity to walk or stand, I get that God has blessed me to still have that ability. But it just hard to work through the frustration knowing what you once were and what has been lost. I don't know if I will ever be like I was before the injury. If this is the best I am going to be, then I am ready to accept that and count my blessings and move forward. I just need to talk about it. Thanks for listening and until next time...this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...