Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Just a Thought....Movies.

Just a thought.....Movies. So I am a big movie lover. It's been tough to get out and enjoy a good theater experience just because I am always working or busy with the family. But thank GOD for streaming services. They are my lifeline to the cinema. I am a self-admitted sucker for Rom-Coms and Action movies. I could watch either at nauseam but I will give just about any movie a shot. A good movie will be a good movie regardless of the genre. So after going back and watching a few of my favorites, I knew that I wanted to write my own movie one day. But that will be for another day. This one is about how so many great movies have emerged and I love that so much creativity is out there. People say Hollywood has run out of ideas. I just believe that they are just looking in the wrong places. The concept for the next great movie is sitting somewhere in some young screenwriters head just waiting for the opportunity. I think that rehashing old movies is getting played out and we need more original content. Being a romantic comedy fan, I do crave for a good love story. I think the last time I thoroughly enjoyed a big production rom-com was The Big Sick. I also love the action movie but I think big-budget films like The Fast and The Furious franchise has played itself out. I think we need new action stars, we need new blood. I wanna see the next Arnold, The next Stallone. I know that the plots are sketchy and the dialogue can be a bit obtuse but I bet you can quote some of the most iconic lines from many of those action movies. Nothing against horror movies, zombies and vampires but those kinds of movies just don't float my boat. Now aliens and the Supernatural are usually on the fringe but I do enjoy those genres when the movie is great. A la The Shape of Water. That is one of those fringe movies for me that I had no expectations for when I watched it but thoroughly enjoyed it once I was invested the time. It was weird but good. I could go on and on writing about this topic but I will end here for now and will revisit this subject soon. So until next time, this was.....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...