Previous Blog Posts

Monday, July 29, 2019

Just a Thought....Glasses.

Just a thought.....glasses. So now that I am older somethings in my life have changed. Some drastic and some not so drastically. One of the things that I started to noticed was I was having a hard time reading the fine print. Now as most of you know, the fine print on any legal contract, website..etc..is always in really small print. I could usually read it without a problem up until about last year. I started finding myself pulling the paper or screen closer to my face to read it clearly. It was even hard starting to make out small numbers on certain products at the store. Then one day I was trying to read some instructions from a manual at work and just struggled to read it clearly. I had to let the nineteen-year-old kid who was my co-worker at the time read it to me. I felt downright embarrassed. I couldn't even admit to myself that I needed glasses. I wanted to fight it as long as I could because I had considered myself to have excellent eyesight. That was no longer the case. So one day while I was in one of the long lines at the Wal-Mart pharmacy I decided that I could at least look at the reading glasses they had while I was just there waiting. I mean what harm was it going to do, if anything it would provide me with a little self-entertainment. So I grab a pair of glasses and put them on my face, I didn't notice any difference except everything looked bigger and a bit distorted. So I walked over to one of the medicine bottles that were on the shelf directly across from me and started to look at the ingredients. It was like night and day. I could once again see the small tiny writing on the bottle so clearly and vividly. I was amazed. Thrown back at the notion that I was kidding myself that I didn't need glasses and that my vision was as good as it was when I was eighteen. When in truth I was denying myself the proper tools that I really needed when I would write and read. It was just funny how our pride won't sometimes let us accept the truth of the matter. I need glasses to read and write. Now that I have been wearing them more often it doesn't feel as weird. Actually feels normal to have them on my face and I like that it makes me feel more intelligent. Not that I am more intelligent but it is how you feel that is important. So until the next day, this was ....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...