Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Just a Thought...Here Comes The Rain Again.

Just a Thought...Here Comes The Rain Again. The rain has arrived in Texas and it is wonderful and scary at the same time. My dogs are scared to death because of thunder and lightning. But I love the sound of the rain. Reminds me of the really bad thunderstorms and my dad would stand outside of our front door watching the fury that mother nature was unleashing and he was just standing there admiring her handwork. He was afraid of the powerful storms. I think he actually enjoyed it and as a kid, there was something comforting in watching him. It made me feel like it was scary at all. I think in a way that is why I don't find myself fearful in strong storms. The soothing sound of rain hitting the rooftop has a sort of comforting sound. I know that my kids are afraid but they have actually turned their fear into curiosity. They track storms now and have even learned the area of in north Texas to know weather the storms will affect them. It has been a while since we have had any rain, so much so that my yard was brown and the grass was nonexistent. The only thing that I hate about this is when I have to drive in the rain simply because there are plenty of people that can't drive in rain. I would write more about that but that is a whole post in itself. This time around the rain is a welcomed friend and just in time for bed. Nothing more soothing than the raindrops hitting the window pane. I know it won't be here very long but I will enjoy it tonight. So on behalf of my grass, my foundation and myself...I welcome you back old friend. We really missed you. Now if you want to leave before the morning commute tomorrow that would be lovely. It is past this writer's bedtime and I need my beauty sleep. I must bid you adieu and wish you all sweet dreams. Until we meet here again tomorrow friends, this was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...