Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Just a Thought...Nightmares.

Just a thought....nightmares. With Halloween around the corner what better time than to discuss having nightmares. I am usually so tired when I go to bed I quickly fall so hard into REM sleep, I don't really remember having dreams or nightmares. In my world of being who I am and learning who I want to be....sleep is just a necessary tool to continue the process of living. My body has to rest and recharge. I have to either have a really vivid dream or a nightmare to wake up and remember what happened in my sleep. I had one of these actually happen the other day. I had fallen asleep on my couch watching a movie. The Other Guys was on cable and me being a dork, I just love those types of comedies. I digress, but when in the process of watching tv. I closed my eyes and was in LaLa land before I even knew what hit me. I was walking down a dark corridor with nothing to guide me but a small light down at the end of this corridor. The light was swinging back and forth as though someone was tapping the lightbulb. I slowly stumble forward using my hands as guides against what I assume was a wall. I could feel the floor shifting below me as if I were walking on sand. The cold air flowing down the breezeway as I kept moving closer to the light. Then a sudden sharp pain in my side. Someone had stabbed me with a knife or sword right in the side of my gut. I jumped and winced at the sudden pain. I felt my body to see how deep the wound might be if there was blood dripping out my wound. My hands were cold to the touch but no blood, no wound. In shock, I couldn't believe it but no hole. As I stood there feeling my hands around me to see if I could feel something or someone. Bam, there it was again. The sharp pain like a hard stab wound. This time I swing my hands aimlessly in the air looking to strike whoever is doing this to me. But to no avail, no one is there. I turn to see the light again, no wanting to wait around. I make a dash towards the light. I run in the darkness not knowing what is in the corridor with me. Scrambling for the light, I trip and fall to the floor. I turn over on the soft floor below me and there it is again. This time, I am looking straight ahead and the pain comes even harder with more pressure. The pain is more intense from the stabbing now quadrupling in my body. The rush of blood is causing me to feel woozy. Unable to stabilize myself, my body goes limp. I lie there face down, then with a sudden jerk my foot twist like a pretzel causing me to jerk my foot and causing intense real pain in my ankle. I jump up from my nightmare and sitting on top of me is my chihuahua, Charlie. She was climbing on top of me trying to get comfortable with me on the couch. She was the villain with the knives stabbing me as she was trying to lay down. I know, not the scariest of stories but when you get to remember them from time to time it is fun to talk about. Well, I guess I should get to bed and prepare myself for a fantastic Friday. So until tomorrow guys, this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...