Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Just a Thought....October.

Just a Thought...October. This is the month that I usually enjoy the most because it is my birth month and it just makes me happy that I have made it another year in one piece. This year I will turn a glorious 45 years of age and have loved the other 44 years prior because they helped make me and shape me in the future. The other reason that I usually love this month is the cool weather here in Texas. Normal highs are in the 80 's and there is always a nice cool breeze. I take my hoodies, my jackets, and windbreakers for this month. I break out the long sleeve shirt and thermal wear. For some strange reason here we are on the first day of Rocktober. That's right...it is called Rocktober because anyone who is anyone has a birthday in the month. Back to why I don't understand why this year is an anomaly due to the unseasonal weather conditions. It is again, October 1, and the high outside today was 93 degrees. I am not liking this extension of the summer into my fall time. I am done with heatwaves, sweating and the hot interior of my car. I want my cool weather already. It's the best time to sit on the porch and drink a nice cup of coffee, as the leaves fall from the trees. I have always remembered the weather being cool on my birthday. This might the first year that it will actually be in the high 80's, possibly. I don't mean to whine or seem crabby but I love the cool breeze of fall. The days get shorter and the nights are longer. You can grab your favorite hoodie and wear it all day because it is cool enough to have it on. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the warm weather of summer but I am done. I need the cold to come and bring us a reason to wear sweaters, long socks, and turtlenecks. October will be special to me. It was also the month my son was born as well. The month of October has always been good to me. I guess which is why I have enjoyed its company. It is such a cool month that even Drake named his clothing line and numerous shout outs to his crew on his songs...OVO's (October's Very Own). I am not the only one who loves this month. Plus aside from Christmas, it has the coolest holiday of the year, Halloween. So hopefully tomorrow when I wake, I will have to endure one more day of this heat before the cool front comes in and fall is officially here. So until tomorrow friends....rock on into October and this was ...just a thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...