Previous Blog Posts

Monday, October 7, 2019

Just a Thought...Missing Our Loved Ones.

Just a Thought....Missing Our Loved Ones. Today I got the chance to celebrate the birthday of my mother-in-law just two days ahead of my own birthday. It was such a lovely day outside, perfect fall weather for a few fajitas on the grill and some birthday cake. Everyone sitting around and reminiscing about days gone by. Sharing stories of loved ones who are no longer with us on earth. It got me thinking about being a kid again and remembering my own father. It's been six years since he passed away. My son just celebrated his sixth birthday. He was only a few months old when my dad left us to go to heaven. It got me thinking about others who have had similar experiences. What sort of things me you think about someone they've lost, a dad, a mother, a sister, a brother, grandparents or a child. All gone too soon to illness, tragedy or just getting old. Life gives and life takes away. It is the natural order. The circle of life continues on no matter the circumstances. It doesn't mean we can't have feelings of nostalgia, a time to takes us back to remember wonderful memories. A birthday, wedding, birth, all-important memories that stick with us because of the importance of who was there to help share in such special moments. I was glad that I got to share a special moment tonight with family. These times always bring me back to the days of having big birthday parties with my brothers and sisters and having pops around. I miss my father very much and the one regret is that I didn't spend more time with him. I will regret that for the rest of my days and the only thing I can do is not repeat the same mistake twice. The lesson learned from this is to not take being with your loved ones for granted. One day they are here and the next they are not. Take advantage of living in the moment and being with those you care about no matter the petty circumstances that might be wedged between loved ones. This is dedicated to all those who have loved and lost someone special in their lives. It is okay to cry and remember how special those people were to you. What their absence has meant to you in the circle of everyday life. I love you Pops and miss you. So until tomorrow folks, this was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...