Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Just a Thought....Saying Yes.

Just a Thought...Saying Yes. Tonight was a fun trip down memory lane. I went to go see Stone Temple Pilots, who happen to be one of my all-time favorite Rock Bands. Not to bog down on details but it wasn't the original lineup but the music was still awesome. It is like seeing Queen with Adam Lambert instead of Freddie Mercury. The songs are the same but the person belting out the notes is a bit different. Which isn't bad at all, it's just different. Anyways back to my point, I got invited by Leo Coldiron, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite people. I had to think about it for about a few minutes when my wife asked me if I wanted to go. I said yes because I am trying to open myself and broaden my horizons. In the past, I probably would have said no and used the excuse that I have too much to do this week because of my son's party. But in saying yes, I got a chance to go see a really good show and got to hang with Leo. Who by the way has a lot of cool stories about his musical past and his knowledge of rock music is superb. None of this would have happened had I been my old wet blanket self. I know that I will pay a price tomorrow because I get up at 4 am to go to work. But I would have rather the experience that I had tonight than being what I once was... an introvert. I want to get out and experience life and see what the universe has in store. None of that will happen from the couch in the living room. Plus it also gives me experiences that I can write about here on my blog and in turn I get to share my stories. It's later than usual that I am writing and posting my entry for tonight but someone put it to me this way about writing. A painter has to paint, a writer has to write and a musician has to play, they have to do this every day. To put in the time and effort in learning mastery of their craft is the only way that a true artist becomes successful. We all have the same amount of time in the day, it just depends on how we plan, use and manage our time accordingly. Sorry for the delay but I am sure that you will understand. So until tomorrow, this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...