Previous Blog Posts

Friday, October 18, 2019

Just a Thought...Halloween Candy.

Just a Thought....Halloween Candy.
As we approach the end of the month, we inch nearer and nearer to the second most popular holiday of the year. As a kid, it was hard to contain my excitement. I mean what kid didn't like dressing up in costume and going door to door asking for FREE candy. It was always fun except for the rare wet blanket folks who would give money or fruit snack. Who wants that crap in their bags. You could dress up in a plain white banket and still score some good eats. It only got better as I become a teenager and my mom would let me go with my friends. The amount of terrible Tom Foolery that went on those days. But no matter the dumb shit we did, it all came back to the candy. I think two of my favorites were the Plainly wrapped black and orange peanut butter candies and the Atkinson Peanut Butter bars. These were usually the leftovers that nobody wanted from their candy buckets. I know that I could get plenty of these from my brothers and sister simply because they viewed candies as throwaways. Don't get me wrong, I loved the chocolates as well but anytime an unattended candy bucket was in the house be sure that those candies would end disappearing first. Then there was the speech from the grown-ups that went something like this.."Don't eat too much candy or you will end getting sick." Now I know that I have heard these words come from my mouth a few times but was it only because my parents would tell it to me. I mean as a kid, I can never recall getting sick by eating too much candy. For the life of me, as many other kids have heard this same statement from their parents. Why hasn't anyone actually done a real scientific study on the merit of getting sick from eating too much candy? Some kid must have heard this is now an analytic scientist. There should have been some kind of research to debunk this myth. Regardless, it is one of those things that isn't back by science but is taken for fact. Either way, I think this was made up by parents so they could look through and snag some of their favorite candies from their kid's candy buckets. One of the perks of being a grown-up, I guess. Well, I hope that my kids score something good this year, I am looking forward to snatching some for myself. So, tell me what were some of your favorites? Drop your answers down in the comments. So until tomorrow, let do this again. Remember that this was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...