Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Just a Thought.....Bottled Water

Just a thought ....Bottled Water. So I went into a seven - eleven today looking for a nice cold bottle of water on this hot day. I just wanted to quench my thirst. So as I made my way to the water. Little did I realize how many different kinds of bottled water that there are available to purchase. I mean, I always just thought of water as just...water. I guess that there is a difference of taste I am guessing. I see the difference when the water is mineralized. The carbonation in the water isn't everyone's cup of tea, so to speak. But there are so many brands of what just seems like regular water. I noticed that the ones in the fancy looking bottles seemed more expensive. So out of curiosity I purchased one and to tell you the truth, I didn't notice the difference. Except for the price. The 7-11 brand was only ninety-nine cents while the fancy VOSS water was over two dollars. That doesn't even start on the flavored types of water. The bottled water almost took up two-door spaces in the fridge. I came to the conclusion that the water manufacturers know how much we consumers are suckers, they are going to keep making fancier water bottles and raising the prices just to see how dumb people and to see how much they can get away with charging the consumers for the same water that 7-11 sells for a fraction of the cost. Some people swear that there is a difference in taste. But it all tastes the same to me and they all do the same job on a hot day. To quench the thirst of a hot and sweaty writer like myself. I guess that this is one phenomenon that has just passed me by and to tell you the truth, I don't care. So if you are a water snob and disagree with me, please let me know your opinion and why you think I am a water simpleton that doesn't know what it is to have refined taste. Either way, I still got to drink a nice cold bottle of water today even if it cost me the price of two of the cheaper kind. So until tomorrow, Thanks for reading. Oh and just a reminder that this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...