Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Just a Thought...The Positive Side.

Just a Thought...The Positive Side. In school, we learned about magnets. That when two positive or negative ends would meet they repel from each other. The only way that they attract is when opposite ends touch. The magnetic field draws them together. I sure am glad that this is not how life works. It's true they say that opposites attract in life and relationships. But that isn't always the case. I used to think that people of a like mind were doomed to fail in relationships. The same ends of a magnet repelling from each other. I had so many examples and knew too many people who had partners that were the exact opposite of their mate. I myself was always finding myself in the middle when it came to deciding on certain issues, unsure about making a decision because I didn't trust my own judgment. I found that being negative was easy, didn't take any effort to throw shade at others. Family, friends, co-workers, employers it was all the same. I knew deep down inside that I was wrong for doing so but I just didn't the courage to be someone else. Walking the path of righteousness is difficult and I am still learning to navigate it. But what was always a downer for me and made feel even worse was social media. My timeline was littered with stories of negativity. Crimes against women, missing children, murderers, evil forces just blocking my path and I was obsessed with it. So much so it even made me feel depressed about the world around us and what kind of world I was raising my children in. I left social media for a while just to clear my mind. I didn't want my kids to have a harder time than me, I think no parent wants that for their kids. I want to make my mark in this world as an example to my kids that this world is a beautiful place and can be an environment to grow and flourish in not the world the media portraits. So I changed my perspective on life and those around me. I made some necessary adjustment to myself and the world around me. I went searching for positive people, people of encouragement who have learned to live past their fear. They are people of inspiration and motivation. I crossed over to the positive side of living and I have to say that it is a struggle at times leaving behind old habits but worth every effort to be a better person. To those of you on my timeline that has been a constant source of encouragement and enlightens me to and keep me in a better state of mind, Thank you. It is a relief to have those types of beacons of light when lost in darkness. Please continue to do what you do because there are those around you that feel a sense of hope from all that you do. Now that I have had a taste of the strength of God, I will bow to his will and do all that he asks of me. So until we meet again tomorrow, I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart that I am humbled and honored that you allow me to entertain you with my words and observations on life. It means the world to me. Almost forgot to tell you that this was....Just a Thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...