Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Just a Thought....Learning.



Just a Thought....Learning. I have been on a journey to become a writer. I am trying to write both novels and scripts. I wouldn't even mind trying a screenplay for the stage at some point but as I travel along this path I am learning that there is so much to take in. I know that along from proper grammar and sentence structure there are other things like formatting both different types of media. Screenwriting and novel writing both take patience to write but they also have certain ways to get your point across. In writing in a novel you have room to be as descriptive as possible. With a script it is simpler is better. Don't use forty words to write what you can do in twenty. It's okay to be descriptive but the longer the script the more money if it were to ever get purchased, re-written and actually filmed. I know that I am still raw but like in school, I am spending as much time as I can studying and listen and absorbing as much information as possible. I know the best way is to just write and believe me I am doing that but it doesn't hurt to learn, read, practice to get better. I am definitely doing as much as I can to immerse myself in the craft of writing. There are so many different styles, different classes and I am looking at each to see what ways will best fit me as I go forward with my writing. The best writers didn't start out the best but they had a clue as to what they wanted to write about and found a way to make it happen. You can see patterns and dialogue that would expose you as a novice. I am fine with that for now because I have so much left to learn but I will get better. My writing will get more defined. Like anything, it is going to take time. You can't lose one hundred pounds in a few days. It took time to gain all the weight and it is going to take time to hone my skills. The pattern of using a repetitive word is one thing I am trying to limit. A friend gave me some good tips and advice that pertain to my style. So appreciative of people that are honest and really want to be helpful. Like a kid in kindergarten, I am learning from square one all over again with my Big Chief Tablet and Ticonderoga pencil. I feel so invigorated and anxious that hopefully, God will allow me to live up to my own expectations. With this line, I bid you adieu my friends. This was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...