Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Just a Thought....Teachers.

Just a Thought...Teachers. This is one of the most under-appreciated jobs in the country. When you find out how much teachers make a year and compare it to the educational cost they might have spent getting a degree or teachers certificate it makes you wonder why would someone even go through the process. Knowing that you're going to be underpaid and undervalued. Nine times out of the ten the answer will be the same. They have the heart to reach out to those who are willing to learn, they have a passion to teach the next generation. I can remember that there were teachers that I loved their class in school just because they made their influence on me as a kid in their classroom. One was in Coach Moore's English class. You could say Coach Moore was not the most disciplined person but he made me fall in love with writing and was one of the first teachers who actually told me I was a good creative writer. If I had only listened and not have been too worried about the comings and goings in the halls of the junior high. That was the first time I felt good about myself and my ability to write. My other favorite was my drafting teacher, Mr. Harvey. I actually landed in his classes because the Electronics class that I wanted to take was done away after the citizens had voted yes on rollbacks for taxes. So the school had to do away with that class. I was prompted by my school counselor to take drafting. Best decision ever, Mr. Harvey's class was the closest thing to feeling like an adult in a workplace environment. To this day I feel he had that impact on many other students who came through his doors. So I know what kind of impact a caring teacher can make on a kid who might be struggling or just need guidance. I have the utmost respect for those who choose to help educate the minds of many children including my own. For those of you who get up every day during the school year to make an impact on the minds of our future leaders, I want to say Thank you. The work you do is greatly appreciated by me and many others. I want to say thank you to these amazing teachers. Delanne Camp, Jennifer Rendon Williams, C Hdz Medrano, Monica Jolly-Williams and so many other countless teachers whom I admire for teaching us that your impact goes beyond the classroom. To Fred Harvey, thank you for all that you showed as young adults. Your impact is still felt today. So until tomorrow friend, this was.....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...