Previous Blog Posts

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Just a Thought....Effort.

Just a Thought....Effort. So I was watching a game today. Seeing the athletes do what comes naturally like it didn't require ant effort. What we don't see is all the work these amazing athletes do behind the scenes. The discipline that goes into what these people do for a living is incredible. The attention paid to eating, exercise and the amount of practice they do to become the best of the best. I wondered why can't we as normal everyday people don't take the same approach in life. It seems these days we want to get results and don't want to put in the work and the effort to achieve our best possible selves. I hear ads on the radio for weight loss supplements that say lose the weight and not have to exercise. I can't wrap my head around people wanting to be thin and fit but don't want to give up eating McDonald's and Jack in Box. They want to have their cake and eat it too. That is not how life works. You want results, you have to put in the work and have to become dedicated to your goals. I am on a journey to lose weight, get out of debt and become a writer. I have taken notice that each of these goals requires discipline, patience, and faith. Each goal that I have set will require me to put in the work. There is no magic pill or supplement to buy or get prescribed. Every day is a struggle to stay on track. There are days that I don't want to get up and go to work, to eat right or write. But these are my goals and the effort that I put into my dreams will only go as far as the amount of effort I put into pushing myself. I still have a ways to go but I know that no matter what happens I still to try. I may never get to be a published writer, I may never be skinny and I may never be wealthy but I have hope and faith in my efforts and that is enough to keep me going. So for everyone that doesn't even try, you will never know what might have been. I don't want to leave this earth not knowing I didn't try to follow my dreams. It is all about the effort and I have plenty of that to give. Until we meet again folks, this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...