Previous Blog Posts

Friday, September 20, 2019

Just a Thought....Baths.

Just a Thought....Baths. Just about everyone that has a shower has a bathtub. My question to you is this, why don't so many people use it? Unless you have a small child, most adults don't use a bathtub except to stand in it while taking a shower. I know that they do make showers without tubs. When was the last time you actually took the time to take a long, relaxing bath? I remember that before I got injured. I never took baths, they just took to long and I didn't see the payoff in wasting my time. Boy was I wrong. So it was difficult to take a shower with a fractured leg, so I decided to take baths to help relieve the stress on my only good foot. The first time was so magical. I probably sat in the tub for almost an hour. When I was done, I felt so calm and relaxed. I decided to take one tonight before I wrote my post and man am I glad that I did. It really cleared my mind and made me feel so stress-free. Writing when you have no pressure is probably when you are at your best. Free from inhibition and worry about critique. I sit in my chair and feel like I could sleep for days. My body feels loose and my muscle isn't as tense. I have been experiencing tension in my shoulder and now in the middle of my back. Taking a dip in the magical hot water for about 45 minutes has me feeling like a new man. At least for a little while. I don't remember as a kid when my parents decided that taking baths was too much of a hassle and had me start taking baths like my older brothers. I think that taking a bath is a small bit of nostalgia for me. Takes me back to being a kid and sitting the tub playing with small toys and other junk. I hope that many of you out there will either consider taking a bath tonight or tomorrow or at least give it strong consideration. It will change your life if you let it. So much so for me that it was easy to figure out what I wanted to write about tonight. If you don't want to go full dip, consider soaking your feet in the tub with just a bit of Epsom salts. It is divine. So until tomorrow folks, this writer is going to lay down and relax. So goodnight and this was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...