Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Just a Thought....Dinner.

Just a Thought....Dinner. One of the easiest things to do is also one of the hardest things to decide on and that thing is dinner. Everybody wants to eat but nobody knows what they want to eat and second, nobody wants to make it. Simply for that fact that after you make adinner the next process is clean up and nobody, myself included enjoys the cleanup part. How many times have you been with your wife or worse yet your kids and asks everybody what they want for dinner? There is usually three or four suggestions and nobody wants to agree with the other person for the greater good of the family. It's every man or woman for themselves. Or how many times have you asked this question of your significant other "What do you want to eat?" and their response is "I don't care, I'm not in the mood for anything particular." then you the make the suggestion that you want to choose and you hear this in response. "Nah, not that. I'm not in the mood for that." Really, that is what usually happens when I ask either my wife or my kids. Dinner is one of my favorite meals but is the most difficult to make a unanimous decision. So usually I have to treat like it is a communist reign and make the decision for everyone by making the food myself so that everyone usually has to eat it. Democracy is great except when it comes to deciding dinner. I sometimes do envy single people when they eat because they get to make their decisions like a monarchy. The king makes his own rules and gets what he wants for dinner. He can even eat dessert first he so chooses. The worst part about having a good hearty dinner sometimes is the cleanup. Dishes are no fun when your sitting with a full stomach and a lazy compunction to do nothing what so ever. I do enjoy the idea of takeout or fast food but when you're trying to lose weight it isn't the best and when you're on a budget with four kids, going to eat all the time gets to be pretty pricy. Sorry but I am a cheap bastard sometimes. Then there is the thing about eating the same things over and over again because they are easy or everyone actually likes eating it. You try to change up the repertoire of gourmet foods and that is usually met with some hesitance. So as the struggle gets real with every passing night, I bid you adieu my friends. Hopefully, you have better luck getting dinner on the table. So until we meet again tomorrow, this was.....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...