Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Just a Thought...The day the world changed.

Just a Thought...The day the world changed. This day is always hard for so many people. It has to be even worse for someone that actually lost a loved one in these horrific acts of terrorism. I couldn't even imagine being there in the midst of the chaos. September 11, 2001, started out a normal day just like the day before. People will always recall where they were when it happened and everyone has a story. I was actually working the evening shift at a crummy job that I hated but it was decent pay and kept the lights on and food in our mouth. My wife worked for a bank in downtown Dallas at the time and I worked in a warehouse. I would drop her off at work every morning and then come home to catch some more zzz's before I went to work. This was a normal routine, I would come home put on the television. Watch the news then doze off. This particular morning I came home and turned on the television. My local T.V. station interrupted with breaking news of a fire in New York at the World Trade Center. Not too big of a deal, as only minor details were coming in and terrorism wasn't suspected at the time. I laid down with my coffee and watched with interest as now all the news stations were carrying the story. I remember they had helicopters flying around the building when all of a sudden like a rocket from the sky the second plane hit and it was jarring to watch. I jumped up out of bed in shock. Could not believe what I just witnessed and as it started to make clear what was going on the news station broke in with details of another plane hitting the pentagon. Now at this point, all the signals were definitely terrorism. I sit and watched as the rest of America did until the collapse of the first tower. I was petrified at seeing it all and remember weeping for those people in that building. Once the second tower fell, I was in full panic mode. It was disheartening to see that it took than much destruction to bring so many people together helping one another. I will never forget this day the people's whose lives were lost and God willing I'll never have to see something like this ever again. Being 44 on the verge of 45, going back and reflecting on something like makes you realize how blessed I really am in life. Do I have tons of money or fame,...nope. But what I do have is a way of being happy and I am alive and blessed. Remember folks that many people have lost loved one to this tragedy. If you're one of those, I humbly apologize. Never Forget! So until tomorrow this was.......just a thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...