Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Just a Thought...Lemons into Lemon Bars.

Just a Thought...turning lemons into lemon bars. Well just as you think that you have everything under control, life throws you the dreaded curveball. I have been so lucky to not see Murphy and his stupid laws. Well, that was until today. My wife's car started to act up I took it to my brother-in-law's house so that we could try to fix it. We did our best but to no avail. I have contacted a mechanic friend and hopefully, we will back and running again. Why do I bring all this up you ask? Well, I'll tell why. If something like this would have happened to me ten years ago, it would have been a major catastrophe. It would have literally crippled me and caused me so much grief and worry. Why not now? Well as time has passed and given me more wisdom. I have learned to, first of all, put my worries up to God. Second is that I have learned that I can't do it alone and it is okay to ask for help. I still don't have all the answers and don't know how this will be resolved but I know that my family is going to be okay and that this too shall pass. I just have to trust my faith in God and whatever his plans will be for me. I know that things will not miracle themselves fixed. I have to take action and trust in God will show me the right moves to fix my problems. I still find myself wanting to withdraw because I don't have all the answers. But in trusting in my Lord, I know that not having all the answers is okay. We must take the good with the bad and treat them both the same. Tomorrow will be another day and hopefully a better outcome. So to say that this day was wasted, I think not. I got a better outline of my book and will throw the kitchen sink at it this weekend. I know that some people don't know how to look at the silver lining in bad situations but I can no longer ignore feeling happy. I really do enjoy life and although something bad like your car breaking down can be a downer. I saw it as an opportunity to hang with my brother in law and work on cars. Tomorrow will be another chance to get things right and I pray tonight and tomorrow that God will guide me in the right direction. So until we meet here again this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...