Previous Blog Posts

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Just a Thought....Home Alone.

Just a Thought...Home Alone. It is Saturday and for once I don't have any commitments for this night. So I am staying home doing some writing and working on other projects. It has been a while that I have actually been able to write one of these posts on a Saturday and looking at my upcoming schedule it will be a while before I can do it again. So as I sit in the comforts of my chair and think about things to write about for future posts. I wonder to myself if it is sad that I don't have a more active social life. I have always found it easy to make friends but as I sit here and write, I think to myself "Why don't I have friends my age that I could go out with and just hang out?" People all over town tonight are with a group of friends either enjoying a nice dinner and fellowship or having a drink at the bar. They are hanging out at the State Fair of Texas or playing at Top Golf. Which makes me think that I need to make some friends with whom I can hang out with and get out of the house. I don't want to go to singles bars or strip clubs. Just not my bag anymore..I want more developed people to hang out with and have adult conversations. Enjoy a nice beer without having to get plastered. Maybe I am just too old to make those kinds of friendships. I see my wife, who has a group of friends that she can hang with on any given weekend. But these are people that she has known for years. A lot of the people that I grew up with are no longer close. I still live in the town I grew up in and a lot of those people that I would have grown up with left this one-horsed town a long time ago. There has to be an alternative to staying at home with the kids. I also want to make friends that I can grow within to build lasting friendships. Guess that at least for tonight I will alone in front of my screen with my thoughts. But that isn't always a bad thing. So until tomorrow..this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...