Previous Blog Posts

Friday, September 6, 2019

Just a Thought...Role Models.

Just a thought....Role Models. As many of you know who read my blog daily know that I have always wanted to be a writer. My love of writing first started when I read The Hobbit in school by J.R.R. Tolkien. We read the book first then saw a crude animated movie version. Believe me, nothing like the Peter Jackson movies. But I drew my interest in the fact that the book was made into a movie. That was so cool to me. He was my first real role model to write and create, this inspired me to create my own cartoon strip about a mouse named Hugo. This is when I knew I wanted to write. Then when I saw El Mariachi by Robert Rodriguez. My mind was officially blown. Then finding the beacon that was Tarantino, No words. I knew then and there I wanted to become a screenwriter. I had a few feeble attempts in my life but nothing like I am now. Now with advancements in technology, the world of writing is so wide open. although it is most difficult to enter in and be successful, I at least know I have a chance to maybe write a great movie. I am searching for a role model that I would like to follow, a mentor. Someone to lead me in the right direction and call me to the mat when I am not giving my best. I think I have my mindset on a few key people that I now follow that will help guide me into becoming the best possible writer that I can be. I don't need a step by step walkthrough, I think that there are some things that we must learn alone on this journey but it is okay to ask for directions while walking down the path. These last couple of weeks I have met some cool, amazing and most intriguing people and each has its own unique set of skills that I would love to learn to yield one day. So hopefully from this point on I have no excuses, I mean no excuses to not join the ranks of published authors, creators, and writers. So until tomorrow when we can meet again and become better friends. remember that this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...