Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Just a Thought...What's for dinner?

Just a Thought....What's for Dinner? One of the things that I have been doing lately is trying different things. So tonight for dinner I decided to make a beef stir fry. The idea was good but the delivery wasn't so much. I had the best intentions of trying something different from what I was used to making for dinner. Last week I made a turkey meatloaf that didn't turn out half bad. It gave me the courage to try completely new again. Maybe lighting might strike twice. I prepared all the veggies for the meal. Then it was time for the meat to cook. Didn't notice that I had grab stew meat when I bought it at the store. She informed me that stew meat was tough. It is meant to be slow-cooked in a...duh, stew. I didn't have any other meat available so my only options were either this was going to be a vegetarian stir fry or I was going to stagger on with the stew meat. I cooked the meat first just enough to brown it, then I cooked the veggies and as the softened, I add the meat back to the mixture. I just warmed it through so that the meal would be hot and ready. I love my wife, simply because she put on a brave face as she ate it. It wasn't my best cooking effort but I felt good that at least I had tried something different. They are a few things that I liked about the veggies and the whole mixture, just next time I know to get a better quality of meat. I like to cook and I like to add a new wrinkle to my cooking repertoire. I mean who wants to eat the same things over and over again. Talk about monotonous relationships. I know what is good for me and my body and nowadays it is a good home-cooked meal for me and my family. Even now, I have to make three different dinners for everyone in the house to eat. It is maddening sometimes when there is hardly anything to cook and you still have to find a way to feed everyone in the household and leave them satisfied. It's tough but is getting easier as my older kids already know what they want and at the behest of their mother, it is for them prepare their easy microwaved meals when both myself and the kids' mother are busy. Even now I am hungry a bit because dinner wasn't too good. So I will end it here as I go look for something light to munch on. Until tomorrow my friends. This was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...