Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Just a Thought....Our Phones.

Just a Thought...Our Phones. So many of us rely on our cell phones so much these days that we can't imagine not having one at all. We do all our social media, we do our business meetings, you name and we can do from the palm of our hands. Just imagine how far we have come in the last ten years in the technology of smartphones. I have been able to meet and network with so many new and different people who share the same passion with me. We can talk and chat as though we're all sitting down at a coffee table having a discussion about writing faux pas. It's a different world that we live in nowadays and to tell you the truth I absolutely enjoy it. I find it so awesome that I can connect with someone in Europe and talk about a certain writer or shoot back ideas and encouragement. 20 years ago we had cell phones they just weren't as advanced and their sole purpose back then was to call people and if you were lucky you could send text messages. Which for some people was the preferred method of communication so that you didn't have to deal with business people face to face. I remember a few years ago that I broke my phone at work. I actually ran over it with a forklift and cracked the whole phone. I had to wait seven days before they could send me a new phone. Lucky for me they sent me a new model phone because the one I broke was still under warranty. They also stopped making that familiar model of phone. I had to go a whole week without my smartphone. You know what...I loved it. Loved being away from people having instant access to my life all the time. I felt free, I actually had the freedom to do what I wanted within the structure of the law. One of the best time was when I was needed for something, I could use the excuse that I didn't have my phone. I could turn it around and make myself the victim. I would say things like "Do you think that I want to be without my phone for all this time?" Of course, my real answer was yes. I do enjoy seeing the new phone but just not too thrilled about the price. But that is another story for another day. So until we agree to meet here again tomorrow. Remember that this was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...