Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Just a Thought....Mentors.

Just a Thought....Mentors. On my journey to pursue my passion and become a better person. I have learned that it is easier when you have someone who can help you learn on your journey. Whether it is losing weight, getting out of debt or motivating yourself to chase your dreams. When you find someone that can help mentor you in whatever you're passionate about it. It truly is a blessing. I have been very fortunate over this time in search of self-discovery of becoming my better self that I have found people who are willing to help or I have asked to help mentor me. I have dreamed of becoming a writer or creator since I was little. I started with my own comic strip, a mouse named Hugo. I did the artwork and came up with the stories of his adventures. That was the first time I ever felt normal. I kind of always knew that I wanted to write. My brother was the next influence on my writing. He stared my love with screenwriting and seeing how the creative process can go from beyond your words. That there were people that not only wrote their own movies but created them. Their visions were translated from their minds onto the silver screen. So as I let life push me around and being a victim of my own procrastination. I put my hopes and dreams on hold because of fear and rejection. I made the excuses up as I went along. Then one day a light went off in my head and my heart and it couldn't be described as anything else but divine intervention. I realized that my time here on earth is finite. If I didn't get off my ass and do some living and chasing the dreams that I always wanted then I would live the rest of my life with regret. So as I started this journey and continue down the path, it has been a learning experience. I have met wonderful new people online with whom I networked and found some that hopefully will become new friends. Then there are some that I have asked to help mentor me when they can. Most have been very receptive. I have not tried to be needy and I study and read about the craft as much as I can, but it helps to have people to ask advice or for tips and pointers. To those who have help and continue to help and reach out, I am greatly appreciative for any help or advice. This is only the beginning of what will be a life long journey for me. I don't plan on stopping short of what I have envisioned for myself. Each day is a struggle but always an opportunity to gain new experience. It is the greatest challenge that I have faced but one day be my greatest triumph. I know that my age has helped me realize to enjoy the journey. I know that one day I will be in the position to help that someone searching for help and guidance and I look forward to that opportunity. So until tomorrow my friends. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. This was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...