Previous Blog Posts

Friday, September 13, 2019

Just a Thought...The Weekend.

Just a Thought...The Weekend. Here we are on Friday. Usually, everyone's favorite day of the week simply because it is the bow at the end of the workweek. Plus on the positive margin, it coincides with payday. I mean what could be better than getting paid for the fruits of your labor and having it be on the last day of the workweek. All the more reason to head into the weekend on an upbeat. Saturday is made for sleeping in, sleeping off hangovers and just having the opportunity to be a couch potato. I do fondly remember those days. They seem like an all to a distant memory. You see, for the last three years, I have been working on the weekend to make some extra money. Money that helps keep my household afloat. It's become so cliche when people celebrate because it is Friday when in my world it is just another day to collect a paycheck. The days and the night sometimes seem s to run together and I know it has to affect my home life and my social life tremendously. Many times I just want to sit on the couch and watch Tv or sit and my desk and write but knowing that I have so much to do. I proceed because I know the alternative, I asked God for this, three years ago and his word is his bond. When I needed a job and would have done anything, he gave me this job that I work on the weekends. It has helped me get through some rough times and I feel uncomfortable leaving that security behind. Then there is the holy day of worship, Sunday. The day of Football in America. I sometimes just want to quit working on the weekends but I enjoy the extra cash and the flexibility that it affords me. I am working to change that situation so that one day I will be just like everyone that gets those necessary and fragile days off. So as I fight my sleep to write this post I know tomorrow will be a better day. Until friends I must bid you Adieu. Remember that this was like every other is coming to an end. This was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...