Previous Blog Posts

Monday, September 23, 2019

Just a Thought....Ice Cream.

Just a Thought....Ice Cream. I have been very hard to lose weight. Not just for the vane reasons that most do it. I am really trying to lose weight because I have made the conscious decision that I want to live for a long time and still be able to do many of the functions that I can do. I know that somethings will go away with the time that I am going to be unable to prevent, but I want to be proactive in being able to ward off certain diseases that are controllable by the lifestyle that I live and how I eat. Age is the one thing that will wait on no man to figure out. You must learn and adjust your way of living in order to at least have the chance to have a happy and healthy life once you are in your golden years. I want to be the old man who still drives at 80 years of age. I want to be able to walk in the park on a nice spring day. I have been able to give up most things that have sugar, I can do away with most of the carbs and I am taking a steady diet of supplements and vitamins to help with things like heart health, joints, muscles. Most of the terrible foods that I use to eat, I have no longer craving for. I eat a fatty hamburger and I feel sick. I indulge in sweets, I feel like crap. I crash hard after the sugar rush wears off. Most of these bad things, I have learned to deal without on an everyday basis except for one thing. My kryptonite that I just have the hardest time letting of and that is Ice Cream. They say every superhero has weakness and just happens to be the frozen concoction made just about any flavor. My biggest guilty indulgence is Mint Chocolate Ice Cream. I am trying really hard to stay away from it at all cost. I walk by the frozen aisle in the store and cuss at the Blue Bell section. I just start swinging in anger like Tre from Boyz in The Hood. I've tried frozen yogurt and it can sometimes placate the cravings sometimes but there is nothing like the taste of a Mint Chocolate Chip shake from Braum's. This is one fight that will go twelve rounds. The urge is there to stop and say "get one you deserve it, you've been good." but there is a part of me that knows better and knows when staying steadfast in working to achieve my goal of getting down to a healthier weight. So please know folks that I am giving it my best effort. So until tomorrow folks, this was...just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...