Previous Blog Posts

Monday, September 2, 2019

Just a Thought.....Labor Day.

Just a Thought....Labor Day. As many of you enjoy the paid day off we get for labor day. We need to remember that although we get to be at home with our families some people out there still had to actually work today. I can only imagine how much that too sucks knowing that everybody else is off. At home probably cooking out, swimming, drinking with friends or just at home relaxing. Or you were like me and got busy taking care of things that you have been putting off for a while because you have been too busy with your work schedule. I know that some people need the hours or don't have families, so they mind working and getting paid time and a half. But I have always enjoyed the extra time off, and before I had kids that time was spent cooking out, going to the club on Sunday night and using Monday to sleep off the hangover. It also meant going back to school when I was younger. It was a true reminder that summer was over and that I had to get back to an early sleep schedule. It also is the time when Pro football starts back up and the real season begins. Labor Day is also a time to remember the people who fought and sacrificed for the common worker and made strides in the workplace that we so take advantage today and not even know why we have these rights. Labor Day means so much to me and for different reasons in my life but I think as I get older I really enjoy it for the meaning behind it and for the extra time that I actually get to use sleeping in. So until tomorrow, remember that it is back to work as usual and that this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...