Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Just a Thought....How Stella Got Her Groove Back.

Just a Thought....How Stella got Her Groove Back. So in the 1998 movie, The beautiful and talented Angela Bassett plays a 40's something stockbroker who falls for a younger man while on vacation in Jamaica. She learns that she develops feelings for this man, but can it work? The distance in their locals and in age. If you want the rest of the story. Go watch the movie or better yet read the book by Terry McMillan. The point I am using as a reference is that for Stella to have gotten her groove back, she would have had to have it in the first place. I am at the point where am starting to worry that I never had a groove in the first place. Is that the norm for most people? I always hear people talk about their prime. When they were at their peak of life, or of performance. I equate this to when athletes are at the top of their game in their respective fields. Or when a musician is on top of the charts. We all know that at some point they can no longer sustain that level of performance. What goes up, must come down. My question is what if I never went up in the first place. Do I still have a chance to peak, is it too late in the game for me? Can I at least find a groove so that I can eventually lose it and know what it is like to get my groove back? I am hoping that this is not the case. But if there are people out there that play it safe their whole lives, do they not know what it is like to have had a groove and is it safe to say that you don't miss what you never had in the first place. I am fighting desperately to not be one of those people. I want to take my shot, take the risk, not be afraid to lose it all. Is it a bad thing to want to live that way for once. I hope not, because the last thing I want on my conscience is the idea of regret once my time here on earth comes to an end. So as I wind up this blog post, please remember that every day that God grants us to live is an opportunity to change yourself and the world around you. Become the change you wish to see. Until tomorrow my friends, be kind and rewind....oh yeah and this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...