Previous Blog Posts

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Just a Thought.....Sleeping In

Just a thought.....Sleeping In.
So one of the things that I always enjoy when I get the chance is sleeping in. I'm not talking about when all the kids are home in the summer waking you up to get something to eat. I am talking about all the kids are gone at one of their aunt's and uncle's house overnight. Where the only distraction is the cover exposing your cold feet. The room is dark and quiet. The air is blowing crisp and cold. The pillows are like marshmallows and being underneath the cover is like being wrapped in a warm pocket of sunshine. Time seems to stop for a short amount of time before the reality of the kids coming home has to settle in. You don't care to have dreams because they will interfere with crucial sleep time. You can feel your body float weightlessly on the comfortable mattress though they were made of clouds.Mr. Sandman has buried your body underneath a pile of his finest sleep dust. I know that this doesn't happen very often but when it does itis one of the most magical moments that a parent can enjoy. I know that we should do more with our free time when we have the opportunity, especially when you don't have your kids behind you asking what you are doing or when are we going to eat. I know one day that my kids will grow up and leave and I will have plenty of chances to sleep in but to me, it is not the same. You appreciate it more because you know what the alternative is when you have a house full of people. Too much of a good thing is usually a bad thing in most people's opinion but to me, I don't think getting enough sleep is a bad thing at all. I think it is the exact opposite. I feel like a million bucks when I get the extra rest. Not having to worry about anything except when would be the appropriate time to turn my pillow over. So until the next time, I get to hibernate like a bear. I'll sign off and tell you that this was.....just a thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...