Previous Blog Posts

Friday, August 16, 2019

Just a Thought.....Meditation.

Just a Thought...Meditation. So lately I have been practicing on prayer and finding a more spiritual center. I have found myself enjoying the ritual of me, alone with my Lord. But one of the things I have noticed is how easily I get distracted. Even when I have total peace and quiet to concentrate deeply on my praying, I find my mind starts to look for something else to think about it. What bills are due, what are we going to have for dinner, did I take out the trash? This bothered me because I feel that it is hindering me from hearing what God has to say to me. When I pray, it only seems like a one-way avenue, the problem was, I found my self doing all the talking in our prayer time. I wasn't receiving what my Lord wanted me to hear because I was too focused on talking and not paying attention to what he is trying to say to me. So I started to investigate what means there are to help me with this situation, not only learn to focus on myself but would help me grow even further spiritually and help me find the voice of God during my devotional. So I have reached out to a few friends and family that have more experience with this subject. This is something far greater and detailed than I expected and anticipated. Just a few basic meditation exercises that I have found online that have me focus on breathing have been challenging. You know what I have realized, that this is really difficult. We don't realize how hard is to shut off your brain from the random thoughts in our heads and reach deep into serious concentration into something called Mindfulness. This total control of our thoughts and desires is just one level of beginning mediation. I have been trying to quill my thoughts but lose focus and have them just wander off all over my unorganized mind. The practice of controlled breathing and shutting your mind off from the outside world takes practice. So with that in mind, I set off in search of becoming better, it just going to take practice. People just think to meditate is so easy, just close your eyes and concentrate but how deeply you look to seek and what purposes you want to achieve with meditation is what is going to determine how successful you are in reaching the ultimate goal you have set in mind. So until next time...stay humble, preach peace and love and above all believe in his truth. Goodnight and God Bless....This was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...