Previous Blog Posts

Friday, August 30, 2019

Just a Thought....Pay Day.

Just a Thought.....Payday. So it is Friday, which is awesome enough already but what made it even better is it was a payday Friday leading into a three day weekend. Which magnifies the joy of payday even more than any other payday. When I was first working and ran into this situation for the first time, it was the most awesome experience. It was time to hit the mall, buy some new digs and then go to the club Friday night and then on Sunday night because I didn't have to go to work on Monday and could sleep off any Sunday Funday hangovers. But as I got older and learned about responsibilities, it soon became just another day and it was worse because most of your money was gone paying bills and not tequila shots. Going to the club acing like a shot caller was long gone in the rearview mirror. Payday now has a different meaning than back in the day. Now when payday hits, I can now go buy me a Subway sandwich without any guilt. I still bills to pay it just is a bit easier to manage and I still get to feel like a baller just only in my mind. We work so hard to earn a paycheck and I think it is the right of every hard working person that answers the daily punch clock and grinds out 40 hours a week deserves a chance to celebrate the fruits of their labors. I still enjoy the part of getting a check with my name on it or the direct deposit slip that has the amount I earned this pay period. I just don't like the part when you see your check disappear into to thin air to pay the light, water and electric. Then there is a responsibility to buy food and gas for any vehicles that you drive. When it is all said and done there is only so much left to either spend or save. I hope that one day I will receive the big check that sends me into early retirement. That would be worth writing about. So while I ramble on typing and getting droopy eyes from being sleepy, I must say to all of you goodnight. So until tomorrow remember to eat your vitamins and that this was .....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...