Previous Blog Posts

Friday, August 2, 2019

Just a Thought....Text Messages

Just a thought....Text messages. So I know that I am guilty of the crime I am about to confess to all of you. And that crime is not responding to text messages in a timely manner. Now in this world of instant gratification and communication. Waiting for someone to answer a text can be so frustrating and grueling to have to wait for a response. Especially when it is something that needs a response in a timely manner. Like when you at the grocery store or in the drive-thru and you're trying to get something for someone else. So you try to wait it out but to no avail and you just have to make a snap decision. Or when you need a quick decision on something important at work or at home and your just left hanging. I know that I have committed this egregious act plenty of times. I really am trying to work on my text communication skills. I sometimes see a text and there is notification I just don't react quickly to these things after I read them. I should because it would make my life easier because I do this all the time to my poor wife. I have done this to co-workers who end up calling me numerous times because I didn't respond in a timely manner. I don't know why I do this, it is just something inside of my mind that stops me from answer the text. It's like my mind wants time to process the information and the text could be about something as minute as asking for my birthday. I know my birthday, it would take me all of ten seconds to send a response but me being me would want to know why you need my birthday and is it really important to respond at this moment, can it wait a few minutes? It's just how my mind reacts and I am really trying to work on not thinking about it and just doing it. So I apologize to those of you have been on the receiving end of my brain malfunction. I am truly sorry. I know that there have to be other people out there like me who has this same tick. If you are like me please let me hear from you about why you think you do the same thing as me. And if any of you have a suggestion that can help to perturb this problem in the future and keep me from relapsing once I have kicked this habit, I would also love to hear from you about any advice or suggestions. So until we meet again tomorrow....this was just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...