Previous Blog Posts

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Just a Thought....The Dog's Life.

Just a Thought....The Dog's Life. I sometimes marvel at the way my dogs respond to my arrival home every day. This got me thinking that although my dogs can't talk, what they see and react to are all predicated on the actions of their owners. When their masters are angry they run and hide in or cower when they are spoken to and can detect the anger in our voices. When we are sad or depressed, the dog can sense our sadness and come to comfort us. Dogs are intelligent and have the sixth sense to know when to run when to play when to pay attention. Dogs are amazing and can be trained to help humans in everyday life. There are drug-sniffing canines, there are trained to become service dogs to help humans with special needs. Then there are dogs that can detect when it master is going to have a seizure before the human does. One of my dogs has a phobia of loud noises. She starts shaking when she can sense thunderstorms. That is how I know that it is going to rain. I sometimes envy the Dog's life or at least those dogs with a good home and caring owners. My biggest is dog our protection from intruders but in reality, he is a big sweetheart. I see him sleeping every so comfortably in his three hundred dollar bed by Bigg Barker. I see my little chihuahua resting all snuggled up under the cover without a care in the world. While I struggle to put on my work boots and leave for work no later than five a.m. I see this and just want to crawl back in bed and sleep damn near all day like my dogs. The only care that these dogs have is when am I going to eat, what is master serving me and can you let me out to take a dump. I will admit they do offer much companionship and unconditional love. These traits are so wonderful when you have a dog. I just wish that sometimes I could trade with my pooch. I look over at them now and see them huddled up on the couch all nestled comfortably without a care in the world, their stomach's are full, they usually lay there and make me jealous. I love my dogs and they love me back. I just wish they could show me how it's done. I guess that it's back to work and back to school tomorrow and it has been a madhouse around here trying to scramble to get everything ready for the first day of school. You know what my dogs are doing....sleeping. I am so jealous, so until tomorrow. This was.....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...