Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Just a Thought...The Home Phone.

Just a thought......The Home Phone. So the other day I was filling out paperwork for my employer and one of the lines asked for a home phone and a cell phone number. I filled out both lines with my numbers and one of my co-workers was filling his paperwork next to me and he said: "You still have a home phone?" I replied and told him that I did indeed still have one. He proceeded to ask me why? If I had a cell phone. I told him that sometimes it is easier to get a hold of me or my wife at home. He told me that he hadn't had a landline in over ten years. Ever since he got his first cell phone. I asked him what does he do if he doesn't get any reception when someone tries to call him and he said that if it is important that someone will text or message him on facebook. As soon as he purchased his phone he ditched the landline and hasn't looked back since. I am coming around to that sort of thinking as lately most of the only phone calls we receive at home are scammers. Insurance quotes, health insurance sales, auto warranties, and non-profits that are looking for donations. The only ones we really answers are the phone calls from the kids' school. For the longest, my wife wanted the phone just in case something happened and they needed to get a hold of her. But now that she uses her cell phone more often. I think we are about ditch the landline soon. I am sure that the only people that still keep a landline phone is either a business or older people like me who always believed it was necessary to have a home phone. More and more people that I have talked to, especially the younger ones, don't have a house phone. And the kids these days don't even know the struggle of having a home telephone. If you wanted to talk to someone in private you had to have a long cord and find somewhere to hide or you were a really cool kid and had your own private line in your bedroom with a different phone number. Is still having a landline a good or bad thing? I'll let all of you decide down in the comments. It's bedtime and this writer needs his beauty sleep. So until the next day, this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...