Previous Blog Posts

Monday, August 26, 2019

Just a Thought.....Adulting.

Just a Thought.......Adulting. This is something that we call adulting these days, but back in the olds days when the old folks would get together and chat about their kids or family that would say "So and so needs to get his shit together and grow up". I know that this is a concept that I have fought tooth and nail because first of all I didn't want to be a grown-up with responsibilities but wanted the freedom. That usually comes with a price. Second, it meant that I was getting older in age and I knew that I could no longer keep up with the youth of the new generation. I realized that when I fractured my foot and knew that I would never be the same but that didn't matter. My body told me that I needed to give up the dreams of playing pro football or get in the NBA. It was already too late for me. So once the athletic prowess is gone from your life, its time to concentrate on the interworkings of our minds and that is usually a mindblower for those who first of all have never had a clue what they wanted to do with their lives. I am just barely starting to get myself turned in the right direction, it has been as a struggle with the spiritual, the weight loss, the financials of trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. I want to get myself out of debt forever and I want to follow my dreams of becoming a writer. It is a tall order but usually when one starts the process of adulting, it remains that way until they either die or win the lottery. I plan on continuing to push for more action to get the result and goals that I have placed upon myself. I know that this is the time to push your dreams, to push the dietary lifestyle change and the time to trust and believe in God to follow his agenda as he sees fit with me. I still don't want to grow, I wanna be a Toys R' Us kid for as long as I can, but alas the Lord has a way of telling you when he needs your presence and what the blessings that are to follow. So with a full heart love and plenty of Gas in the tank tonight, I will bid you adieu. So until tomorrow, this was ......Just a Thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...