Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Just a Thought....Profanity.

Just a Thought....Profanity. Let's start by saying that as adults we have all at one time or another used profanity. Hell, is even used by Preachers, Pastors, and Ministers when describing eternal damnation. So we have all seen, read or heard this type of language used all the time. So why when it is used in a certain type of instance or used in a derogatory conation do people get upset. I only know of one major commandment that the Lord gave to Moses and that was to not take the Lord's name in vain. I am very guilty of speaking with a foul tongue when talking to people. It's just natural to me and when I find myself in certain situations, my mind has to work double to restrain myself from swearing like a sailor. I understand that some people find some the terms listed below to be immoral...but who made the guidelines of what is moral and immoral. Half of the words that I am about to say weren't even around in the time of Moses, Abraham, Jacob, David or Jesus Christ. Fuck, Shit, Damn, Hell, Bitch, Dick, Pussy and my favorite...Cunt. At one time or another, all of these words carried on one meaning and it was meant as a description of certain items, certain types of inanimate objects. I for one read the description of some these words and find myself flabbergasted by how they got flagged for being profane. A lot of these words didn't carry a marker of being derogatory until the late nineteenth century. So if these words were able to be used prior without being marked insulting or insensitive them why do we looking down on someone who uses these words on a daily basis as part of their everyday vernacular. I understand that as long as you don't directly use these words like verbs or adverbs to describe someone then what is the harm. If I drop something on my foot and scream out "Fuck, that hurt!" Then who am I offending? I just used it a descriptive word to describe my pain same as if someone said "Dang it, that hurt!" in this same scenario. I just think we over analyze the English language. Don't get me wrong that these words used in an abusive or slanderous statement can be hurtful towards, someone. I am totally against that, but when describing a situation like breaking my phone and saying "Shit, I think I just cracked my phone!" Again what is the harm in saying a cuss word? Fuck it, I guess I will end tonight post on what some would consider a down note. So until we meet again tomorrow, this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...